ABS-CBN is in the business of producing world-class entertainment, news and information programs and in the continuous adoption of breakthrough technology to deliver these to its audiences not just in the Philippines, but globally.
This content is distributed primarily in the Philippines through its flagship station in Mega Manila, ABS-CBN Channel 2. Backed by a regional network of 25 originating stations, 8 affiliates, and a collection of strategically-located relay stations across the archipelago, ABS-CBN’s nationwide reach is unmatched to this day. ABS-CBN also airs in free-to-air UHF on Studio 23 and operates the country’s leading radio network consisting of 3 AM band stations and 14 in the FM band.
ABS-CBN also provides news and entertainment programs for nine cable channels, targeting specific niche markets who prefer foreign entertainment programs, blockbuster Filipino movies, news and commentary, music, animè, and sports. ABS-CBN also owns SkyCable, the Philippines’ largest cable television service provider which has close to 500,000 upscale subscribers in Metro Manila and key urban areas nationwide.
Outside of the Philippines, ABS-CBN reaches an estimated 2 million Filipinos out of the more than 8 million Filipinos overseas, through ABS-CBN Global’s The Filipino Channel (TFC). TFC is available in the USA, Canada, the whole of Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Japan, and a host of other Asia-Pacific countries via cable TV, direct-to-home satellite, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), and the Internet through TFCNow!
ABS-CBN’s in-house produced programs also reach foreign audiences through the distribution of ABS-CBN content to countries in Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Star Cinema, ABS-CBN’s movie production unit, has a 75% share of the local film market based on gross box office receipts, consistently producing one blockbuster hit after another. ABS-CBN also leads the local music production and distribution outfit in the country through Star Records.
ABS-CBN Publishing completes ABS-CBN’s tri-media offering with 14 glossy magazine titles, addressing the needs of the Philippine upscale market with features on fashion and lifestyle, gossip and entertainment, culinary arts, interior design, sports, and male-specific interests.
Blazing the trail in new media technology, ABS-CBN Interactive pioneered traditional media and SMS tie-ups in the country with the launch of TV text promos and TV polls / voting systems. ABS-CBN’s online properties – entertainment and news sites, online games, and social networking through one of the leading social networks in world, Multiply – have proven to be strongly patronized by the growing Filipino online community.
Driven by its passionate commitment to bold innovation, ABS-CBN is leading the change in the country’s media landscape with its depth of creative talent and breadth of platforms.
Responsibilities Graduate of Law
Legal Manager for ABS-CBN Global.
1. Draft, review, and finalize contracts necessary and proper in connection with the Group’s businesses and operations, and provide advice on legal issues in connection therewith
2. Coordinate with external counsels and the business units in ensuring compliance and in thrashing out and solving compliance issues in providing the services of the business units in the territories/countries.
3. Attend management committee meetings and business reviews of various business units.
4. Provide legal advice, or procure legal advice from relevant external counsels, as may be required by the Group’s business and operation
5. Coordinate with relevant external counsel, monitor and provide assistance in connection with the filing and maintenance of corporate and regulatory requirements for the Group, and other relevant legal issues as necessary
6. Assist Head, Legal Services, in handle and ensuring compliance with corporate housekeeping and reportorial requirements by the Philippine branch and Philippine subsidiary/ies
7. Coordinate with external counsel/business unit heads to facilitate and ensure compliance with corporate housekeeping and reportorial requirements by the international subsidiaries
8. Develop and implement standard policies and procedures for handling the Group’s legal requirements, including but not limited to contract procedures, procedures on issue resolution, etc.
9. Identify and create standard contracts (templates) in for the primary business/es of the Group
10. Assist Head, Legal Services in conducting regular legal due diligence audit to determine and ensure compliance by the Group with the relevant legal requirements
11. Assist Head, Legal Services, in coordinate and liaise with Parent’s Legal Department and/or external counsels in relevant matters
12. Keep and maintain corporate records of, and copies of contracts executed by the Group
Minimum requirements: 4 to 5 as Lawyer
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.
Sorry, this position is closed for application.